Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sketches

I've always loved drawing animals and I thought it would be fun to practice my sketching on animals I had never done. This is a sketch I did a little while ago when I was about 14 but I thought I would post it because I really love the seals. This is just a simple pencil drawing and my main focus for this picture was the seal's face, especially the eyes. I didn't do any background because I felt like it would be too overpowering and the attention wouldn't go as much towards the seals.





This picture I also did when I was 14. I've never really like rabbits but I thought, "I might as well try it, it might turn out looking cool..." So I did and I really enjoyed it in the end. The best part about this picture was the rabbit's ears, I just loved the angles and the shadows. I didn't like the rabbit in the backgroud because it's head looked squished and the larger rabbit's head is too long but I didn't feel like going back and correcting that. I tried to draw the hairs on the rabbit in the foreground as individually as possible around the eyes and ears so that they would really stand out in this picture.




This picture I did a few months ago: a pair of albatrosses and their baby. I think this picture is adorable and love the dark faces of the s compared to the lighter face of the baby. I had a little trouble with the baby's face, I think mostly because of the angle and I still think it looks too squished together... but I do love drawing birds, I think they're beautiful creatures and maybe some day I'll get a parrot and draw pictures of it. That would be pretty cool.



I just did this picture over the summer and thought it would be nice to take a little break and just relax at my desk for a couple of hours. These seahorses were so much fun to draw, and even thought it was the first time I had ever drawn this animal, I was amazed how it turned out in the end. I love the faces of the seahorses and tried to get as many rough-looking textures as I could. My favorite part about this drawing is are the two tails wrapped around each other.

Here is another bird I drew , our nation's symbol: the bald eagle. I was really worried about this drawing actually because I started drawing the face and everything seemed messed up. The shadows of the white feathers seemed unrealistic at first, but as I continued drawing it all came together. If you click on the picture you can get a better view of the face.


This is my last drawing for the animals I have in my sketchbook (for now, I'll add more hopefully sometime this month). This drawing is probably my favorite out of all of these. I absolutely love big cats, they're so graceful and beautiful and this snow leopard has wonderful features around it's face. I had a little trouble with the cub and tried to fix it but decided to leave it as it is.


















1 comment:

  1. hey ! i think your drawings are amazing. I love drawing myself, and pencil is my favorite medium. Yours are great! Keep it up. Feel free to check you my blog and follow it if you are interested (:
    link: http://chatterandchew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete